Tuesday, December 30, 2008

One crazy Christmas

Monday night Dec 22nd Shaun and I hopped in the car and headed towards Traverse City for another crazy Christmas! Here are the events that we attended and a few highlights. Enjoy :)

On Tuesday night Shaun and I went over to Aunt Lynda and Randy's to visit with Aunt Dawn and Jon who were visiting from Columbus. They brought 2 of their "kids" with them, Nero and Joey, They were so cute!! Heather and Andy showed up and it was great catching up with everyone.

The sisters (Lynda, Dawn, Vicki(my Mom) ) Christmas Eve day we trekked through the FEET of snow to head to Shaun's Grandmas for Christmas with them. Brad and Terri drove up from Grand Rapids and it was nice to catch up with them. Brad even cooked a wonderful lunch. Thanks Brad!!!!
It was SO snowy the whole time we were there so we had Brad snap this shot of us out front. Once of my favorite pictures of our trip! Also a shot of looking down the driveway.I am throwing in this picture because crazy as it is these are old Metra trains from here in Chicago and they are in Grawn, Michigan (Traverse City) Every time we go home there are more cars added. We looked into it a bit and it seems they are being stored there because they were being damaged at the old storage location. Not sure what they plan on doing with them.
After Christmas with Shaun's family we headed to my Grandma and Grandpa Raney's for a night of complete chaos. There were 27 people there!!!! Let me tell you that is a LOT! We had a great time though. David read the traditional "Night Before Christmas" and he put a great spin on it. I think it was the most I have enjoyed the reading of that book in a long time!
This is the first time we have ever gotten a picture of only/all of the cousins/grand kids. I am happy that we finally did this! Top row L-R David, Adam, me(Jen), Andy, Ryan. Bottom row L-R Makenzi, Drew, Matthew, Cassidy After that event we headed back out into the snowy tundra to head to my Grandpa Elliott's. We did our silly gift exchange and had a great time like always. Samm and Rick showed up with the kids so it was nice to see them again. This is the time when Shaun and I started drinking LOLYou should see all the "out takes" it took to get this one great shot of me and my brother!! Ugh!Finally Christmas Eve ended at my Dad's for the traditional drink fest. Di and I were enjoying some mighty tasty Cosmos and Shaun and Dad were enjoying some Vodka 7up.
I gave DA and Alyssa an early Christmas present for the baby that is due in this summer. I am so excited to be an Aunt again!!!
Di and I enjoying our Cosmos a bit to much LOLMe Dancing with my Daddy Uncle Brooks and I bowling on the WiiChristmas Morning finally came and along with a horrible Cosmo hangover we all got some great gifts. My favorite Christmas morning was my Nintendo DS. HOW FUN!!Krystal and Kayla joined us for brunch and presents. It is always nice to see them when we go home.I just love this one of my Brother and Alyssa. If you know them you know this is the perfect picture LOLDad and Di after the gift opening
Shaun and I after all the presents
Christmas was great this year just VERY VERY busy!! It was wonderful seeing so much family in such a short amount of time (about 72 hours from when we left Chicago to when we got back) The only thing missing was Skyy but she was spending time in Colorado with her Mom. I really wish she would have been with us but she needed to see her Mom. I did get to talk to her Christmas Eve so that was nice. Our ride home was great with clear roads and almost no traffic. Traveling on Christmas day ended up being a good thing!

3 comments:

Jozebelle said...

Hello finnaly I "found" Your blog!

Wow, You must be tired after that "cruise", I should have...But it seemed that You had fun to! I should edit my chtsitmasphotos to but not today, I will be sitting in the sofa and just be, not a good day :-(

Wanna wish You and Shaun a Happy New Year.
Hugs from Sweden and Jozebelle

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fabulous time!! Really glad you had a safe & wonderful trip home. ox

Hodge Family said...

I love my ds it is great. I love my wii to. Just in case some good games on the ds are Zelda the new super mario brothers and mario and luigi in time. There are others to but those are my favorite games