Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving in Michigan

One week ago today Shaun and I came home from a long weekend in Traverse City. We had a great time seeing family and friends and eating some great food!!! We had T-giving dinner first with Shaun's family and then several hours later at my Dad's. After dinner #2 we went to my G&G Raneys to visit with that side of the family. I can not believe how much we fit in that day. We also had Christmas with Skyy because she will be in Colorado with her Mom over the Holidays. She really enjoyed everything we got her and played with her new baby ALL weekend! Black Friday Di, Kayla and I got up way to early and hit the stores and found some great deals. It was a lot of fun hanging out with them that morning. One last fun thing I did was a Gingerbread house with Skyy and Alyssa. This was my first time and it was messy but a lot of fun. I think Skyy really enjoyed it as well. Skyy was with us almost the whole weekend and it was wonderful. She is so smart and so good when I watch her. She did say one thing that completely took me by surprise. We were in the car on the way to My Grandparents and out of nowhere she says "Aunt Jen, I get sad and depressed sometimes but never when I am with you because you make me so happy" How cute is that! This coming from a 4 year old!! I really wish I could see her more than I do. Here are a few pictures from the weekend.

Me, Mom, Aunt Lynda

My absolute favorite dish. The noodles my Grandpa and Uncle Brooks make. YUMMY!!!Skyy and I with the Gingerbread houseSkyy and her new Baby.Shaun and I

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.