Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Shaun's Surprise 30th!!!

So we pulled it off. Sunday was Shaun's 30th B-day and Saturday we threw one hell of a party at my Dad and Step mom's!!! Bryan, My Dad, Di and myself have been planning for about a month and it was perfect!

I was not sure if I was going to be able to get Shaun up to TC again so soon because we were just up there in early July. Bryan helped me out with that by sending an e-mail that he was planning a big tubing trip. That was all it took to get Shaun there. YAY Bryan!

Well Friday night once we got up there Bryan called Shaun and cancelled the tubing trip. Since it was a fake tubing trip that I knew about I had to fake being upset that it was no longer on. Shaun and I hung out with Micah and Alison for awhile on Saturday and then I had to get Shaun away so they could get to my Dad's house in time for the party. I had no idea what to do to keep him busy so I talked him into walking around downtown a bit. He did NOT want to do that but I kind of made him :) Downtown was bustling because the film festival was going on and Madonna was expected a few hours later so the onlookers were starting to gather.

Finally about 5:20 I called Di and asked if they were home. (aka was the party ready) she said we were good to go. We pulled into the driveway and he was completely surprised!! I can not believe that we pulled it off! He was so happy and it Still talking about it :)

Lots of Friends and family were there to celebrate and he was so excited to see a few people that he had not seen in awhile. There was amazing food, great drinks (a few to many for some of us) and great company! I thank everyone that helped out!!!

He says that I better watch out for my 30th so I told him that I am going right from 29 to 31 ;)
Here are a bunch of pics :) Enjoy!
Here are the 2 cakes. My Dad totally surprised even me with the Tigers one. It was supposed to be a Cubs themed party and they pull out a Tigers cake. I was a little upset. Good thing they got the Cubs cake too :)
Shaun with the Reno 911 movies I got him.My Dad, Mom and IDA and AlyssaShaun, his Mom and his Brother AbraxasBryan and Chris! Thanks for helping guys :)Seeing the Cubs cake! Me and Grandma and Grandpa RaneyRachael and SammDad and Di. You guys are amazing! Thank you so much for everything you did!!!!

Shaun and I late into the night.

No comments: