Monday, July 14, 2008

Traverse City Day 2 7/8/08

This morning Shaun, Skyy and I woke up early to hit the road. We were headed to Mackinac Island. The weather was kind of chilly and misty but it was supposed to clear up so we decided to give it a try. When we got up to the Mackinaw Bridge Skyy was so excited she was like a little bouncing ball in the back seat. It is one of those times that I am so happy to see things through the eyes of a child.

We got to the Shepler's Boat dock and waited for our ride. It was still not the best weather so we rode over to the island inside. Skyy absolutely LOVED the boat ride. She was in little 4 year old heaven :) We arrived at the island and our first stop was a souvenir shop. Both Skyy and I were cold and we needed to buy some hoodies.


We then got tickets for the Carriage ride tour that takes you around the island. Skyy was very excited about the thought of a horse pulling us around. It was a lot of fun and she was really enjoying it. When we stopped to transfer from a 2 horse team to the 3 horse team we went and visited the butterfly house. I defiantly enjoyed this more than Skyy. I think I could have stayed in there all day but she was ready to go after a few minutes. I was able to get some great shots though!


We had a quick snack and then we got on the 3 horse team for the rest of the tour. We saw skull cave, all 3 cemetery's, lots of state park and my favorite Arch Rock! Lots of photos later and we were done with the tour.


By this time we were starving and decided to get some lunch. We went into the Seabiscuit. Great atmosphere and yummy food! They even had the Seabiscuit movie playing on a TV there.


After lunch we walked some of the shops and then we headed back to the boat. It was beautiful out by this time so we were able to ride up top on the way back to St. Ignace. Skyy really thought that was cool having the wind in her hair. She even got splashed a little bit and she screamed with glee for that.


Once back on the mainland we went to the bridge overlook to get some shots of the Mackinaw Bridge.




We had a great time and we are both so happy that Skyy was able to share this wonderful day with us!!

2 comments:

tini said...

Great pics! This looks like such a fun two days :) And she's adorable!

Angela Christenson said...

Great story, and the pics were beautiful. Nice to hear from you again. Thanks for the comment on Chicago Bound. I had a blast and loved your store. My sister is coming home in August and we are having a sisters day, were taking the train to Chicago then going to Navy Pier, She wants to Check out WCS and I said no problem. So will you be working on Aug. 29th? Because thats when were coming. Hey where abouts is the silver bean at? I want a picture of that. Oh and Oprahs studio we want a picture of that too. Do you think we can do all of these stops with riding the trolly/or bus? If you have any pointers for route planning let me know. That would be greatley appreciated.

I am sooooo mad....I'm suppose to be going to CHA this weekend but there were no drivers for Sat. and my car is acting up so I don't want to take any chances. So then I put a request in at work to get friday off and they denied me. I was going to be coming down with the owners of the shop here at home. Soo I guess I wont be making it this year. :( Are you?

Hey I cant remember if I seen any of the Love, Elsie line at your store was there any? I think I was so hung up on Hambly. Anyway speaking of Elsie...one of the girls from our scrapbook store called your store and you are sending her the Elsie Recipe Box. She is really excited about that. She cant find it anywhere. I bought my copy the day it came out on 2 peas in a bucket.

And before I forget. The Boys of Summer from My Minds Eye (KC & Jody) taught a class at our shop in Delavan. It was so fun. Did they teach a class at your shop today or is that this weekend? They are so fun and very nice. I got some good pics of them. I will post them when I get the pages done that we created that day. We also made a acrylic book.

Well you have a Great Evening and will talk to you soon. Angela