Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Traverse City day 6 7/12/08

Bright and early was the start of today. My favorite thing about the festival was this morning. The Cherry Royal Parade. I think there were 140 some entries this year. We went down there with my Mom and Skyy. DA was even able to join us for a few minutes before he had to be to work. This parade always has some great bands and I think that is my favorite part.

Miss America even attended the parade this year.
We were exhausted after the parade so we decided to grab some Burger King and head back to the room to take a quick nap. Once we were recharged we headed downtown.

Our first stop was Gibby's Fries. Man I love these things. If I could only eat one thing during Cherry Fest it would be these fries!! I got a small with cheese and boy o boy! YUMM-O!!! After that we met up with my Dad and Di and headed to the beer tent. We decided to stick around and watch the band that night before the fireworks. "Think Floyd" was playing and they were really good. The fireworks started at about 10:30 and I think they were pretty good. I was a wee bit intoxicated though so what do I know ;) Thankfully Tom helped us out and got us a ride back to the hotel!






We had so much fun this week and after our quick goodbyes tomorrow we will be headed home to Chi-town.

1 comment:

Angela Christenson said...

Hey, how are things going thus far with the new kitty in the house?