Friday, September 19, 2008

Carlos Zambrano is the MAN!!!

Because of Hurricane Ike the Cubs/Astros series was moved to Miller Park in Milwaukee. Tickets went on sale at about 9pm on Saturday the 13th. The game was scheduled for 7:05 PM on the 14th. Shaun and I decided what the heck let's go! 1:00 AM we had tickets printed and in our hands.

Miller Park is a nice park. It is definitely no Wrigley Field but there is only ONE Wrigley!!! We had great seats, 17 rows behind what was supposed to be the Cubs dugout. Houston decided they wanted to be behind 3rd base so oh well.

Carlos Zambrano was starting pitcher and he had been out for a couple of weeks so we were not sure how he would play. Well let me tell you this...He was frickin' AMAZING!!! he had a no hitter game which was the first for the Cubs in 36 years!!!!

The sounds of 23,441 Cubs fans screaming as loud as they can is deafening. Especially in a park with a closed roof. I still can not believe that there were that many fans since the tickets went on sale 22 hours before opening pitch! Us Cub fans are very Loyal to our Boys and we have faith!!!

As I type this our Magic number is 2!!! Hopefully our boys in blue will win tomorrow and the Brewers will lose and we will clinch the division! I am SO excited and I know they will do it. Hopefully they do not blow it in the playoffs this year but I have faith.

Here are a few Photos


Z's Final pitch of the night...what a beautiful strike!!

His reaction to that pitch!!!

I LOVE this shot! It shows his faith and that makes me have faith in them!

The way his teammates all ran onto the field after that last pitch brought tears to my eyes. These boys really are one big happy family. They deserve to win the world series. It has been 100 years and I think that it would be great for it to happen this year!!!

2 comments:

Georgina said...

what great photos - you were so close

Jennifer (gojenlaw) said...

I a big Cubbie fan. I am going to Chicago next August.