Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

What an awesome weekend! My Brother, his girlfriend Alyssa and Skyy came to Chicago to spend the weekend with us. We had a great time!!! On Saturday we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo for a few hours. It was a really hot day so a lot of the animals were not being very social but I did get a few great shots.


After the zoo we went back to the house to nap. I think we all slept for a good hour and a half. It was really nice and we were refreshed to head back downtown to Navy Pier for dinner and the Fireworks. We had dinner at Joe's Be-Bop. It was OK but nothing to great, it was the place with the shortest wait though. After dinner we went outside to watch the fireworks. What a great show set to some great music!!!

Sunday night Shaun and I babysat Skyy for awhile so DA and Alyssa could go out on a date alone. When they left Skyy was sleeping under the table (silly girl). Shaun went out and got us Subway for dinner and the three of us got comfy and watched Bee movie! We all really enjoyed it :)

We were sad to see them go on Monday afternoon and we look forward to having them back soon!!!

1 comment:

Angela Christenson said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time.... I know I still don't have my pictures done yet from either the UP or Chicago. I've been super busy lately making books for people that I work with. I've got another one I'll be making this weekend for a girl at work. I plan to post one tonight that I will be putting in my etsy shop.

Just got some news the other day on Elsie's Blog... She is no longer making Love, Elsie products..she resigned from KI Memories. So sad!!! But she is on to bigger things. You should check out her blog shes got a huge post up right now. You can find her in my daily reads on my blog.

Sooooo When do you think it would be a good time to come visit? Let me know what would work for you, and I will let you know if its good for me. I'm thinking Oct. but not on the 18th. I'm having a purse party at my house. It should be fun. Sooooo, Maybe like towards the end of the mo. of Oct. I can take the train down or drive. What do you think?

Have a great weekend! Angela

PS...It really bummed me out that we couldn't make it into the shop that day, If it were just me and my sister we probably would've been there, but i don't think mom and dad wanted to do all that extra public transportation. This was there first time there and for a couple of Country people in the Big City having to mess w/ alot of P.T. probably wasn't going to be a good thing.

Anyways....Talk to you soon.