Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My time at the Gym

So I joined a gym at the end of August. I had been talking about it for months and decided that it was time. I walked down to Ballys after work one Thursday (only half block from work) and walked out with a membership card. I have worked so hard to get where I am after my surgery and I am ready to make it even better! Right now I have a personal Trainer named Albert and he is amazing! He pushes me so hard and has confidence that I can do what he tells me. Good grief, last week he had me doing sprints!!! Never in a million years thought I would be doing sprints ever again, but I did! I have 4 more sessions with him and I am hoping to continue to work with him if we can afford it. Other than my one work out with him a week I have been going in 4 other days and doing my cardio on the elliptical machine and doing some weights. I actually look forward to going to the gym. That is something I never thought would come out of my mouth. So here is a picture of Albert and I! I can not thank him enough for helping me get on track with my life!

3 comments:

Hodge Family said...

good job Jen. I wish I good have the motivation and that you have to go to the gym.

Danette said...

good job, Jen! Remember when you used to think I was crazy for liking to work out? I am laughing at this post thinking of all the times you said... Congrats though, seriously! What an accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

way to go Jennie...exercise is an amazing health drug...smile